Sam and Liz

Sam and Liz
Sam: 2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 ADV Liz: 2013 Kawasaki KLR 650

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Met some new friends (treatment went well in AZ)

Met some great people last week.  For the first time in fifty years I was treated outside my home area and all went well.  There are a lot of great caregivers out there and these are three I am pleased to have met.

Turns out Dr. Gomez (left) served his residency at Oakland Thalassemia Center. I so appreciate the time he spent with me and letting me pick his brain. Very interesting talking with him and discussing some different treatment options which may help long term.

No worries finding a vein and the stab as my nurse was quick and precise (both eyes open).  They were all so professional yet human.  Can tell they do what they love daily and do it well!  I have one more stop in St. Louis for a refill.  I'm much less stressed about it now that my Arizona stop for a top off went so well.

I hope other patients read this and are encouraged to get out there and see their world.  If I can help, just add a comment to this post or message me, I'd be happy to help in any way I can.  Do what you need to do for a good quality of life but don't let Thal hold you back. No matter how much time that encompasses, enjoy and just do!




No comments:

Post a Comment