Sam and Liz

Sam and Liz
Sam: 2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 ADV Liz: 2013 Kawasaki KLR 650

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Day 9, UT


Driving into Boulder, UT was a little cooler than Moab.  Altitude was the change.  Evidence of the climate change was evident in the more green landscape.  With green also comes the risk of deer crossings, which we did see a few grazing not far from the road along with open range cattle.





We saw at least three of these to date in our travel across the country.  I thought it was some sort of beacon for aircraft.  Come to find out they are indeed VHF omnidirectional radio range stations or VORs.
What are VORs??


This was a cool little motel.  Although, to get to the office you had to walk through a minefield of beautiful flowers guarded by killer honey bees!  I had one attached to my jugular by the time I entered the front office.  And he wasn't happy when I tried to detach the vehement creature from my neck. To be fair, I do look like a giant sunflower in my hi-vis riding jacket.






Rode through many areas which had burned recently. Could still smell it in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment