Sam and Liz

Sam and Liz
Sam: 2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 ADV Liz: 2013 Kawasaki KLR 650

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Liz's First Long Solo Trip!

This Thursday after work, I will be heading west on my first solo adventure.

Right now, the plan is to head west to Iowa, ride along the Missippi River up to Minnesota, then head to the Chicago area to meet up with a friend and continue on to New London, CT for Ketofest.
In all, it will be about 3500 miles for me and the Moose.

Brenda also rides a KLR. It isn't too often you see women on KLRs, let alone two of 'em travelling together.  I'm way more excited about it than I probably should be!
This is Brenda's first multi-day motorcycle trip, she has been planning this for months.
Her bike is in nearly pristine condition, so the only work she needed to do is to increase her comfort.

Yes, I'm scared.
I have no idea how different things may have turned out if Sam wasn't there to advocate for me when I hit the deer in South Dakota.

I'm doing things to protect myself - carrying the SPOT tracker, and I upgraded both brakes and lighting on the Moose...but still...

Patiently waiting to hit the road.

3 comments:

  1. It's going to be epic.
    Epicly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be monumental girl!Scary,exciting,new adventures.......most of all,it is a passion and we who ride adore and love it!Risks are everywhere in our daily life,never let it stop you,just try the best to stay safe and have a blast and the time of your life.

    ReplyDelete